POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Juggling (WIP) : Re: Juggling (WIP) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:47:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Juggling (WIP)
From: St
Date: 17 Jun 2003 17:28:19
Message: <3eef87f3@news.povray.org>
"Slashdolt" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecom> wrote in message

> Other than the texture, I'm quite pleased with it.  It's not a
completely
> reaslistic tree, but real trees don't have eye-balls either.  The
branches
> look very much like fingers to me.

  I love this, and my good lady ~lurves~ it. The way I see it, those
branches (arms and hands), would smooth out towards the ends anyway
due to stretching. Why not? It's apparently a living thing...

Additionally, when I stare at it long
> enough, it seems like I can make out an expression on the tree's
"face".
> It's very subtle and leaves quite a bit to the imagination of the
viewer,
> and I think I'd like to keep it that way.

   I think I see a smiling sort of face, perhaps with a 'beaky' kind
of nose, but that's about it. Close?

> Even so, there are some things that prevent the tree from blending
into the
> scene.  I plan to work on that more.

    You could try changing the scene to a yellow/orange/sandy colour?

    It might work.

     ~Steve~